Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Waffle Time



On tuesday, we kept talking about waffles in school. So of course, I decided to make them myself, the moment I came home. I got out the waffle iron and made my favorite waffles of all time; Belgium Waffles. They are honestly the best kind of waffles. They are fluffy and big, just like a big teddy bear. (maybe I shouldn't use that). Anyway I tried to make them gluten free, which turned out to be an epic fail. The gluten free flower didn't rise as its supposed to. So they weren't as fluffy :(
Anyway I going to tell you the recipe anyway, as they are AMAZING with normal flower:

Ingredients:

250g flower
300ml milk
200ml cream
70g sugar
1 teaspoon yeast
4 eggs, separated
150g butter, melted but cold
a pinch of salt
toppings as one wishes (I like powder sugar the most)




Add the milk and cream into a bowl, heat them up just right before the
boiling point. Then take off the heat and let it cool.

Split the eggs

 Add the flower, 50g of the sugar and the yeast to a bowl and mix it.
Afterwards add the egg yolk into the bowl and mix it.



Add the butter and mix the dough till
the consistency is creamy and thick.

Put the dough into a warm place (I put into my microwave, because thats
apparently its a really good place ) Let it rest for an hour

While the dough is resting whip up the egg white

Add the eggwhite and fold it into the dough


Now you can make delicious waffles. I don't have any picture of the finished
once, cause we ate them all, before I had the change to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment